There are various considerations you need to weigh in, when deciding which one is right for you. We have listed down some points which are sure to help you pick you the perfect 3d printing software.
Check your experience
Some 3d printing softwares are for professionals and some are for beginners.
- If you just want to perform casual tasks then go for the softwares listed for beginners. They are simple to use and does not need much background knowledge. http://www.productchart.com/3d_printers/
- If you are a student or in the learning process then the intermediate level softwares should be your choice.
- The professional softwares are mostly for the experienced people who use it for their work.
Judge your purpose
3d modeling and printing softwares can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Some are used for modeling and drawing in the engineering industry. If you are more interested in the engineering aspects of your 3d model, go for it.
- There is another category of 3d printing softwares that are used for making video games, animations and artistic models. This should be your pick if you are in the movie or graphics industry.
Choose your budget
The price of 3d printing softwares start from free and go over $ 5000. A free software is enough if you are looking to just learn the basics. Do proper research and determine your budget when going for paid software.
Assistance and support
Many of the softwares have their own community and forums where participants share feedback and help each other out. You will find youtube videos and step by step solutions in case you face a problem. Go for the softwares which have the maximum community presence.
This one is really simple. Some 3d printing softwares are for desktops and some will work on android and ipads. Also, softwares differ according to the operating system installed in your computer.
We hope by this time you have decided which 3d printing software you want. Just read the software features and you will be able to zero in on your target!